- 4 medium red bell peppers
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425F. Cut and seed red bell peppers into fourths. Cut florets off the head of cauliflower. Place veggies on parchment lined baking sheets, ensuring they're not crowded. Drizzle with avocado oil and use hands to make sure all veggies are covered in oil. Roast for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender and browned.
Remove baking sheets from oven and allow peppers to cool. Once cool enough to handle, remove the skins of the red bell peppers.
Place the peppers, cauliflower, and two cups of vegetable broth in a blender. If you wish, reserve a few cauliflower florets to use as a garnish. Blend until smooth. Continue to add broth until your desired consistency is reached. (I prefer my soup on the thicker side.)
Serve warm and garnish with reserved cauliflower florets.
* The calories calculated in this recipe are just an estimate.
The photos and content above are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own website or social media channels. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, you can provide a link back to my blog rather than copying the recipe. Thank you! XO, Jen
- Homemade vegetable broth is ideal for this recipe.
- If you have a high speed blender, like a Vitamix or Blendtec, removing the red pepper skins is optional.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg