Using the spices turmeric and ginger, this meatloaf gives a little anti-inflammatory boost to your system! A delicious main dish you can pair with your favorite sides. This Turmeric Meatloaf is gluten free and grain free. It is Paleo, Whole30 and SCD legal.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 8 meatloaf cupcakes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup Spanish onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour, or any nut flour with the exception of coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup strained tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 350F.
Saute the onions and peppers in olive oil over medium-high heat until soft and the onions have begun to look translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook for one more minute. Set aside to cool.
Beat the egg in a large bowl. Add in 1/4 cup of the strained tomatoes and set the rest aside, it will be used to top the cupcakes later.
Add all other ingredients except the ground beef and mix well.
Use your hands to combine the ground beef and the other ingredients together. Make sure all ingredients are mixed evenly into the meat but try not to over mix.
Roll 1/2 cup of the mixture into a ball before pressing into the muffin tin, making sure to leave a little space at the top. This should make about 10 "muffins". Top each muffin with a tablespoon of the reserved strained tomatoes.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160F.
Allow the meatloaf to rest for 5 minutes before gently removing from the muffin tin. Top with mashed cauliflower and serve warm.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
* The calories calculated in this recipe are just an estimate.
The photos and content above are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own website or social media channels. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, you can provide a link back to my blog rather than copying the recipe. Thank you! XO, Jen
- Cooked meatloaf cupcakes can be frozen (without the mashed cauliflower topping) and then defrosted at a later time.
- Top with this Mashed Cauliflower recipe for "cupcakes" or leave as is for meatloaf muffins!
- If following Whole30, do not top with the linked recipe for mashed cauliflower as it has dairy.