Broccoli Dip (Broccomole)
This broccoli dip, also known as broccomole, is a healthy low calorie dip that tastes just like guacamole! It makes for a perfect snack or appetizer and is SCD, Paleo, Whole30, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and soy free.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 2 cups
- 2 broccoli stalks
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup dry curd cottage cheese, also known as farmers cheese (optional)
Cut the florets off broccoli, then wash and steam until very tender.
Transfer broccoli to a blender and add the lime juice and dry curd cottage cheese if using it. Blend until smooth.
Transfer the pureed broccoli to a bowl and stir in the garlic, red onion, sea salt, and cilantro. Adjust flavors as needed.
The dip can be served while still warm but I prefer to eat it cold! Can be stored in an airtight container for 2 days in the refrigerator.
* The calories calculated in this recipe are just an estimate.
The photos and content above are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own website or social media channels. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, you can provide a link back to my blog rather than copying the recipe. Thank you! XO, Jen
- Fresh or frozen broccoli can be used.
- The addition of the dry curd cottage cheese adds a bit of added creaminess to the dip but it's completely optional.