With less than five ingredients, this pear sauce recipe makes for an easy and simple healthy snack! It's a basic recipe that's SCD, Paleo, Whole30, Vegan, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and added sugar free.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Servings 2 cups
- 1 pound pears peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Place all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the pears are tender and mushy.
Mash the pears with the back of a fork until your desired consistency is reached.
Store the sauce in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
* The calories calculated in this recipe are just an estimate.
- For a smooth consistency, blend the softened pears in a blender.
- If the sauce isn't sweet enough, add the sweetener of your choice.
The photos and content above are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own website or social media channels. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, you can provide a link back to my blog rather than copying the recipe. Thank you! XO, Jen