Paleo pumpkin blondies are a fabulous fall dessert that can easily be enjoyed year round! This canned pumpkin puree recipe is SCD, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Servings 16 squares
- 1 cup almond butter stirred well to incorporate any oil sitting on top
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canned pureed pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- oil for greasing pan I use coconut oil
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together the almond butter, egg, pureed pumpkin, and honey until well combined.
Add vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, salt, and baking soda to the bowl and whisk again. The batter will be very thick and sticky.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and use a spatula to evenly spread the mixture in the pan.
Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. If you prefer the blondies to be gooey, reduce the cook time slightly to 20 minutes.
Allow the blondies to cool before cutting into squares and serving. These can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
The photos and content above are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own website or social media channels. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, you can provide a link back to my blog rather than copying the recipe. Thank you! XO, Jen
- Any nut butter can be used in place of the almond butter but the flavor of the blondies will be altered.
- Fresh or canned pureed pumpkin can be used.
- Top the blondies with dairy free vanilla cashew ice cream and drizzle with Paleo caramel sauce for the ultimate autumn dessert!
*The calories calculated in this recipe are only an estimate*