This oven roasted radishes recipe is incredibly simple and a great sub for potatoes of you're watching your carbs. The radishes come out slightly crisp and with a delicious char. The recipe uses less than a handful of ingredients and is SCD, Whole30, Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free, and added sugar free.
I have to tell you...side dishes are NOT my favorite thing to cook. I don't mind cooking the main component of a meal, such as the chicken, meatloaf, pork tenderloin etc. but when it comes to the side dishes, I typically just steam a bag of frozen veggies and call it a day.
Not that there's anything wrong with that but my kids are starting to get tired of the same broccoli/carrot/cauliflower blend we normally have and to be honest, I am too.
So, it's time to mix things up!
Why do you cook radishes?
Some of you are probably thinking that it's a little odd to roast radishes but, don't knock it until you've tried it!
Roasting them really mellows out the sharp "radish-y" taste and I like to use them in place of red potatoes.
I prefer my roasted radishes to be slightly crisp and have a bit of a char on them.
In order to achieve this, they need to be cut into small pieces. Depending on the size of the radish, that means cutting it in quarters (possibly even smaller).
What to use for seasoning
I tried seasoning these with ALL kinds of different herbs and spices but I kept coming back to just salt and pepper!
The radishes are so tasty on their own that I didn't feel like they needed more than that. You could easily sprinkle some rosemary or thyme on them though.
When it comes to actually roasting the radishes, they need to have plenty of room on the baking sheet. If they're too crowded they'll end up steamed instead of roasted.
The end product is a perfect little side dish!
More easy and healthy side dish recipes you'll love!
- Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Hawaiian Cauliflower Rice
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
If you've made this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below! This is the best way you can help support me and this blog.
Did you know I have a YouTube channel? SUBSCRIBE to watch all of my recipe videos!
Oven Roasted Radishes
- 2 pounds radishes about 20
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Trim the radishes and cut into quarters. Toss with the oil, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Spread the radishes in one layer on the parchment lined baking sheet. You may have to cook in batches if they're too crowded.
- Place baking sheet on the top rack and roast for 40 minutes, flipping once with a spatula to ensure even browning.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days.