This cauliflower roasted red pepper soup recipe has a delicious smoky flavor and I love that it’s not jam packed with tons of ingredients, it really allows the fresh vegetables to shine! It’s a simple soup that’s SCD (specific carbohydrate diet), Paleo, Whole30, vegan, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and soy free.
Hi friends! I think a lot of people wait to eat soup until the weather cools down. I could eat soup (and do) anytime of year. It’s such an easy, comforting meal to make.This roasted red pepper soup recipe with cauliflower is SO simple…it has only five ingredients!
When you pick your red peppers and cauliflower please ensure that they’re fresh. For this recipe it’s imperative that your veggies are of good quality since they’re the star of the dish!
A Life of Happenstance is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
I’ve made this soup a few times now and the first time I did I roasted the red peppers whole.
While that strategy was easy on the front end, it was really messy and time consuming to try and remove stems, seeds, and skin from an already roasted rep pepper. So, I suggest you remove the stem and seeds prior to roasting!
When it comes to the cauliflower, cut the florets off the head. Leave the florets fairly large so they don’t burn to a crisp in the oven!
Spread the veggies onto baking sheets making sure not to crowd them, then drizzle with avocado oil.
After about thirty minutes in the oven your veggies should be tender and roasted. Once cool enough to handle, begin removing the skin from the red peppers.
Place the peppers and cauliflower (if you’d like, reserve some of the cauliflower florets to garnish your bowls of soup!) into your blender along with vegetable broth.
If you have a very strong, high speed blender such as a Vitamix, you can skip this step. Since a Vitamix is on my Christmas wish list, I peel the skin off my peppers!
Blend, adding more vegetable broth until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve warm! Hope you enjoy!
Craving more soup recipes? Try these!
- Hearty Mexican Chicken Soup
- Immune Boosting Orange Scented Soup
- Mint Pea Soup
- Apple Butternut Squash Soup
If you’ve made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below!
Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Soup
- 4 medium red bell peppers
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Cut and seed red bell peppers into fourths. Cut florets off the head of cauliflower. Place veggies on parchment lined baking sheets, ensuring they're not crowded. Drizzle with avocado oil and use hands to make sure all veggies are covered in oil. Roast for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender and browned.
- Remove baking sheets from oven and allow peppers to cool. Once cool enough to handle, remove the skins of the red bell peppers.
- Place the peppers, cauliflower, and two cups of vegetable broth in a blender. If you wish, reserve a few cauliflower florets to use as a garnish. Blend until smooth. Continue to add broth until your desired consistency is reached. (I prefer my soup on the thicker side.)
- Serve warm and garnish with reserved cauliflower florets.
- Homemade vegetable broth is ideal for this recipe.
- If you have a high speed blender, like a Vitamix or Blendtec, removing the red pepper skins is optional.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.