Hi friends! I think a lot of people wait to eat soup until the weather cools down. I could eat soup (and do) anytime of year. It’s such an easy, comforting meal to make. This roasted red pepper and cauliflower soup is SO simple, it has only four ingredients! When you pick your red peppers and cauliflower please ensure that they’re fresh. For this recipe it’s imperative that your veggies are of good quality since they’re the star of the dish!
A Life of Happenstance is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
I’ve made this soup a few times now and the first time I did I roasted the red peppers whole. While that strategy was easy on the front end, I found it to be really messy and time consuming to try and remove stems, seeds and skin from an already roasted rep pepper. So I suggest you remove the stem and seeds prior to roasting. For the cauliflower, you’re going to simply cut the florets off the head. Leave the florets fairly large so they don’t burn to a crisp in the oven! Spread the veggies onto baking sheets making sure not to crowd them, then drizzle with oil. In this dish I like using avocado oil because it has a higher temp point then olive oil.
After about thirty minutes in the oven your veggies should be tender and roasted. Once cool enough to handle, begin removing the skin from the red peppers. If you have a very strong, high speed blender such as a vitamix, you can skip this step. Since a vitamix is on my Christmas wish list, I’m peeling the skin off the peppers! Once you’re done, place the peppers and cauliflower (if you’d like, reserve some of the cauliflower florets to garnish your bowls of soup) into your blender along with two cups of either vegetable or chicken stock.
I want to talk a bit about the chicken stock you use. I’m going to sound a little bit like my cooking guru, Mrs. Ina Garten, but please use GOOD stock! I highly suggest using homemade chicken stock. You just can’t compare the store bought stuff to homemade and the kind you use is going to either make or break this dish.
Go ahead and blend, adding more stock until you’ve reached your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve warm. This soup has a beautiful smoky flavor and I love that it’s not jam packed with tons of ingredients. It really allows the red pepper and cauliflower to shine! Enjoy!
Craving more sup recipes? Try these!
If you’ve made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below!
Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Soup
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- avocado oil (to drizzle on vegetables)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Cut and seed red bell peppers into fourths. Cut florets off the head of cauliflower. Place veggies on parchment lined baking sheets, making sure they're not crowded. Drizzle with avocado oil and use hands to toss veggies, ensuring all are covered in oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove baking sheets from oven and allow peppers to cool. Once cool enough to touch, remove the skins of the red bell peppers.
- Place the peppers, cauliflower and two cups of chicken stock in a blender. If you wish, reserve a few cauliflower florets to use as a garnish. Blend until smooth. Continue to add stock until your desired consistency is reached. (I prefer my soup on the thicker side.)
- Serve warm and garnish with reserved cauliflower florets.
Pin it for later!
Leave a comment below if you enjoyed this recipe!
Follow me on instagram & tag @alifeofhappenstance or #alifeofhappenstance so I can see your creations!