This cauliflower tabbouleh salad is light, refreshing, and full of flavor! It's a simple side dish that takes just 15 minutes to make! This easy tabbouleh salad recipe is SCD, Paleo, Whole30, vegan, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and soy free.
Before going grain and gluten free, tabbouleh used to be one of my go-to snack foods. My local grocery store carries a delicious tabbouleh that I would have with crackers or even as a side with some grilled chicken!
This cauliflower tabbouleh salad is just as good as the original and so incredibly easy to throw together.
It's a grain free tabbouleh recipe that's light, refreshing, jam packed with veggies and with flavor!
What is tabbouleh?
Tabbouleh is a light and refreshing Middle Eastern salad that's served cold.
It is typically made using parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumbers, bulgur, lemon juice, and olive oil. Sounds good, right?!
Why is cauliflower rice used in this tabbouleh?
The short answer...because bulgur is NOT gluten or grain free.
Using cauliflower rice instead is actually a fantastic sub for bulgur as it's about the same size and it absorbs so much of the flavor from the other ingredients.
How do I make cauliflower rice?
Turning cauliflower into rice is pretty simple!
Cut the florets off a head of cauliflower, and wash and dry them well. Place in a blender and pulse until the florets resemble rice, removing any larger pieces.
Alternatively, a bag of frozen cauliflower rice works just as well and makes for a quicker prep time!
Begin by sauteing the cauliflower rice for about 5 minutes over medium heat. The goal is get the "rice" tender, not soggy!
- Finely chop parsley, mint, and scallions.
- Carefully quarter grape tomatoes.
- Deseed and chop a cucumber.
- Zest two lemons.
Add everything to a large bowl then add olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and ground pepper.
Toss the tabbouleh until all ingredients are well combined. That's it!
Enjoy this flavorful salad right away or place in the refrigerator to chill and allow the flavors to meld together!
What can I eat with this easy tabbouleh salad recipe?
It's probably one of the simplest recipes on my site and is wonderful when served with a piece of grilled chicken or fish.
It also makes for a perfect snack or appetizer when paired with some Almond Flour Crackers!
Here are a few more quick and simple recipes you'll enjoy!
If you’ve made this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below! This is the best way you can help support me and this blog.
Did you know I have a YouTube channel? SUBSCRIBE to watch all of my recipe videos!
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten's Tabbouleh.
Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- ½ cup scallions finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber deseeded and diced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes quartered
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- zest of one medium lemon
- ¼ cups lemon juice (about 2 medium lemons)
- ¼ cup olive oil (plus 1 tablespoon for sauteing cauliflower)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and saute cauliflower in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for about 5 minutes. The cauliflower rice should be tender but NOT mushy.
- Once sauteed, remove from heat and place in a serving bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss to combine.
- Cover and keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.