This pineapple coconut smoothie is a light and refreshing drink that’s just THREE simple ingredients! The recipe is SCD, Paleo, dairy free, gluten free, and added sugar free.
For me, nothing SCREAMS summer more than a combo of pineapple and coconut!
This dairy free smoothie tastes so similar to a pina colada that if I close my eyes and drown out the sounds of my shrieking toddlers, it’s ALMOST like I’m on vacation!
Ingredients for a Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
- frozen banana
- frozen pineapple chunks
- canned coconut milk
- unsweetened coconut flakes (optional garnish)
A Life of Happenstance is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
I ALWAYS use Native Forest Simple Organic Coconut Milk for recipes that call for coconut milk, since the the only ingredients are water and organic coconut. I also appreciate that the can is BPA free!
Before using the coconut milk in the recipe, shake the can to ensure the coconut cream and water are well combined.
how to make the dairy free pineapple coconut smoothie
Simply pour the coconut milk into a high speed blender, then add the frozen banana and pineapple chunks.
Blend until smooth and creamy!
Pour into glasses and, if you’re feeling a little fancy, top with any extra pineapple chunks and sprinkle with unsweetened shredded coconut!
- If you prefer more of an ice cream or smoothie bowl consistency, reduce the coconut milk to 3/4 or 1 cup.
- Add one cup of ice to the blender if using fresh pineapple and bananas.
- I prefer my smoothies on the thicker side, if you like a thinner drink, increase the coconut milk until your desired consistency is reached.
Here are a few more recipes you might enjoy!
- Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- Coconut Cauliflower Rice with Pineapple
- Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut Icing
If you’ve made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below!
Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 1/4 cup full fat canned coconut milk, shaken
- unsweetened shredded coconut (optional garnish)
- extra pineapple chunks (optional garnish)
- Place the coconut milk, frozen banana, and frozen pineapple chunks into the jar of a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses and if desired, garnish with extra pineapple chunks and shredded coconut. Enjoy!
- For a smoothie bowl or soft serve ice cream consistency, decrease the coconut milk to 3/4 cup or 1 cup.
- If using fresh fruit instead of frozen, add 1 cup of ice to the blender.
- I prefer my smoothies on the thicker side, adjust the amount of coconut milk until you reach your desired consistency!