This pear almond tart is an easy and rustic fall dessert! The crumbly almond flour crust holds melted havarti cheese, ripe pears, and a cinnamon honey sauce. A delicious seasonal SCD and gluten-free dessert!
Hi friends! As many of you know, I LOVE desserts! What I don't like is how time-consuming they can sometimes be. I mean, when a craving for something sweet hits, I pretty much want it immediately. Which is why I can't get enough of this gluten free pear tart, it's so simple and quick to make!
Havarti cheese (my second favorite thing to eat behind desserts) is melted to gooey perfection while ripe pears are baked until tender. The pear almond tart is then drizzled with a honey cinnamon sauce. This deliciousness is beautifully nested in a soft and crumbly almond flour crust that has just a hint of cinnamon. Sounds good, right?!
How to make the crust
The almond flour crust is just four ingredients:
- almond flour
- ground cinnamon
- coconut oil
Mix all ingredients together until the almond flour is wet before evenly pressing the dough into the tart or pie pan. Use a fork to prick holes into the dough, this will keep the dough from puffing up too much during baking!
Pull the crust out of the oven once it's a lovely golden brown color.
What kind of pears to use
You can use whichever type of pear you'd like for this recipe. In the past I've used bartlett pears and anjou pears. Both tasted amazing in the tart and held up well.
When it comes to how thick to slice the pears, it's totally up to you! I prefer my pears to have a little bit of a crunch after baking, so I slice them a bit thicker. If you'd like the pears to be softer, slice them thinly.
Squeezing lemon juice on the pears will keep them from browning!
Assembling the pear almond tart
Slice the havarti cheese into ⅛ inch thick slices and place in a single layer along the bottom of the crust. Arrange the sliced pears on top of the cheese in whatever pattern you'd like. Place the tart back into the oven just until the cheese is melted!
Allow the tart to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing. Drizzle the honey cinnamon sauce over your slice and enjoy!
Here are a few other quick desserts you may enjoy!
If you’ve made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below!
Pear Almond Tart (SCD, Gluten Free, and Grain Free)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 ounces havarti cheese
- 2 ripe pears
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9" round tart pan or pie pan.
- Mix together all the crust ingredients. Using your fingers, press the dough into the tart pan. Use a fork to prick holes along the bottom and sides of the dough.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until the crust is a light golden brown.
- Slice the havarti cheese to about ⅛ inch thickness. Place, in a single layer, along the bottom of the baked crust.
- Core and slice the pears. If you'd like the pears to be soft after baking, slice very thinly. If you'd like a crunch, slice a bit thicker. Squeeze lemon juice over the pears to prevent them from browning. Arrange the pears on top of the cheese in a pattern of your choosing.
- Place tart back into the oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Allow tart to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Stir the cinnamon and honey together. Warm the sauce in the microwave or over the stove top. Drizzle over each slice.
- This dish is best stored covered in the refrigerator.
Pin it for later!