Mint pea soup is an incredibly easy and simple meal that can be served either hot or cold! The recipe can be made in just 30 minutes and is SCD, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and soy free.
This mint pea soup recipe is a light and refreshing dish that is delicious hot or cold.
The mint rounds out the pea flavor nicely and since this is made with vegetable broth, it’s also a great vegan dish!
A Life of Happenstance is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
What ingredients are in mint pea soup?
- Spanish onion
- vegetable broth
- frozen peas
- fresh mint leaves
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
A nice homemade vegetable broth is best for this soup (it’s also healthier for you than the majority of store bought broth).
The olive oil can be swapped out for coconut oil or avocado oil.
how to make mint pea soup
Begin by heating olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
While the oil is heating, chop the onion, mint leaves, and garlic (photo 1).
Saute the onion until tender and translucent (photo 2). Add the garlic and saute for just one more minute (photo 3).
Pour the vegetable broth and frozen peas into the saucepan and allow to cook until the peas are al dente in texture (photos 4 & 5).
Add the mint leaves to the soup and cook for five more minutes before carefully transferring to a high speed blender (photos 6, 7 & 8). Process until the soup is completely smooth (photo 9)!
Serve hot or place in the refrigerator to chill and enjoy it as a cold soup!
Try these other tasty soups!
If you’ve made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below!
Mint Pea Soup
- 1/2 medium Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups shelled fresh or frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until tender and translucent.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock and peas. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered for 5 or until the peas are al dente.
- Place mint in the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Carefully transfer the soup to a high speed blender and process until smooth.
- This soup can be enjoyed either hot or cold.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator or up to 6 months in the freezer.
- Make sure to blend the soup well in order to breakdown the grittiness of the peas.
- Depending on the freshness of the mint, you may need to add more.
Pin it for later!
This post was originally published on 7/17/17. It was updated on 8/8/19 to replace photos and refine directions.