These sausage patties take less than five minutes to prep and only four minutes per side to cook! A quick and flavorful addition to your breakfast or brunch menu that's MUCH healthier then the store bought stuff. They're SCD, Paleo, Whole30 and Keto! Free of gluten, grains, sugar, dairy and egg.
Hi friends! Sausage isn't something we eat on a regular basis, but it's always nice to have as an option for breakfast. I've been having a hard time finding a store bought sausage that didn't have 20 ingredients (most of which I can't pronounce). So, homemade sausage for us!
This sausage recipe is quick to throw together and extremely versatile! I used pork but you could easily trade it out for turkey, chicken or a combination of different meat.
Simply place your pork and the herbs into a large bowl and use your hands to make sure it's well combined. Then, form your patties. I like to use a cookie scoop to ensure I get the same amount of meat into each patty.
The patties will shrink just a bit as it cooks, so keep that in mind when determining how big you want them.
My mood really deciphers how I cook these guys. The traditional way to cook them is on a skillet or griddle with a bit of oil. This method gives the outside of the sausage a lovely golden brown color and a slight crunch when biting into it.
However, if I'm feeling lazy and don't want to clean oil splatters on my stove, then I'm not above just putting them on a baking sheet and throwing them into the oven! Baking them allows me to make a whole batch at one time and focus on other aspects of breakfast.
My husband and I both prefer the texture of sausage that has been cooked on a skillet, but either cooking method will you give you yummy, flavorful sausage patties.
These also make a great snack alongside some fruit cheese! Hope you enjoy!
Here are more breakfast recipes to try!
- Spiced Waffles with Apple Compote
- No Oats Cauliflower Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Coconut Flour Waffles
If you’ve made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below!
Homemade Breakfast Sausage
- 1 lb ground pork
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- Place the ground pork in a large bowl. Mix all the spices together in a small bowl before adding them to the pork. Use your hands to combine.
- Shape into equal sized patties. A cookie scoop helps with dividing the meat evenly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook the patties in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook each side for 4 to 5 minutes and until the internal temp reaches 165F.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve warm.
- **If baking in the oven, preheat to 425F. Place the patties on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the internal temp is 165F**
Pin it for later!