These Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers are simple, quick, and filled with gooey cheese and bacon goodness! This sweet pepper appetizer recipe is SCD, gluten free, grain free, soy free, added sugar free, and low lactose!
Today I'm sharing with you a sweet pepper appetizer that I've been making for years. They're perfect for sharing at a party or to keep all to yourself while watching tv!
This cheese stuffed mini peppers recipe use five ingredients and take just 20 minutes (this is including prep and baking time!) to make!
The healthy stuffed mini peppers (well, healthier!) ooze cheesy and bacon deliciousness!
- mini sweet peppers
- fresh basil
- mild cheddar cheese - If you prefer the flavor of medium or sharp cheddar, then go for it!
- farmer cheese - Farmer cheese is also known as dry curd cottage cheese. I typically find it at my local Publix next to the cream cheese. If you can't find it and you are following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, then strain your SCD yogurt until it's the texture of soft cream cheese. If you are not following the SCD diet, then feel free to use goat cheese instead.
Cook the bacon until crisp, then set aside to cool.
Shred the cheddar cheese and place it in a large bowl along with the freshly chopped basil, and farmer cheese.
Once the bacon is cool enough to handle, break into small pieces and add it to the bowl.
Use a spoon to mix all of the ingredients together until well combined.
Give the mini sweet peppers a quick rinse before slicing them length wise and removing the seeds.
Use the spoon to fill each pepper with the cheese mixture.
Arrange the peppers on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the oven to bake until the cheese is nice and gooey!
Stuffed peppers with bacon tip!
- For golden brown stuffed peppers, bake on the top rack. Some of the cheese might run out.
- Baking on the middle rack won't really change the color of your peppers but all that cheese will stay right where it's supposed to!
More tasty appetizers you'll love!
If you’ve made this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below! This is the best way you can help support me and this blog!
Did you know I have a YouTube channel? SUBSCRIBE to watch all of my recipe videos!
Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 10 mini sweet peppers
- 8 ounces farmer cheese also known as dry curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 4 pieces bacon
- ¼ cup chopped basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Line a microwave safe plate with paper towels. Place four pieces of uncooked bacon on the paper towels. Place one sheet of paper towels on top of the bacon. Cook in microwave for 3 to 4 minutes or until crispy. Once cool enough to handle, break the bacon into small pieces.
- While the bacon cooks, slice each mini bell pepper length wise and remove the seeds.
- In a small bowl, use a spoon to combine the cheddar cheese, farmer cheese, basil and bacon.
- Fill the peppers with the cheese mixture and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the peppers have softened slightly and the cheese has melted.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- If you are not following the SCD diet, goat cheese can be used in place of farmer cheese.
- If you are following the SCD diet and can't find farmer cheese, then strain your SCD yogurt until it is the texture of soft cream cheese and use in the recipe.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The peppers can be reheated in the microwave or oven.
Pin it for later!