This healthy banana bread muffins recipe is made with almond flour, sweetened with honey, and flavored with cinnamon and mashed banana. They are the most delicious SCD, Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free muffins!
I am so excited about this banana cinnamon muffins recipe! They are so incredibly fluffy and just bursting with flavor!
I've been making them for years and love having them as a quick snack or as an addition to our breakfast.
These healthy cinnamon banana bread muffins can be made in a snap and are perfect for using up any ripe bananas you have lying on your kitchen counter!
Almond Flour - For the fluffiest muffins, use blanched finely ground almond flour.
Bananas - The riper the bananas, the more flavorful your gluten free banana cinnamon muffins will be!
Coconut Oil - Olive oil or, if your system can handle it, melted unsalted butter can be used instead.
Healthy banana cinnamon muffins add-ins!
I've kept this banana cinnamon muffins recipe simple but you can certainly add things like chopped nuts or raisins to the batter!
If you're not following the SCD diet, then dark chocolate chips would be a delicious addition as well.
Use the back of a fork to mash the bananas really, really well until there are no chunks (photo 1), then set aside.
In a small bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (photos 2 and 3). In a larger bowl whisk together all of the wet ingredients (photo 4).
Add the almond flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir together until well combined (photos 5 and 6). The batter will be fairly thick at this point.
Stir in the mashed banana and continue stirring until fully incorporated (photos 7 and 8).
Distribute the batter evenly among 12 lined muffin cups, filling almost to the very top (photo 9).
Bake on the middle rack of the oven until the muffins have puffed up a bit and are a light golden color. A toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins should come out clean.
Allow the muffins to rest in the muffin tin for 10 minutes before gently placing them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
How to store the muffins
Once cooled, these healthy banana cinnamon muffins can be kept covered at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
The muffins can also be kept in a plastic baggie and stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours.
More muffin and quick bread recipes you'll love!
If you’ve made this recipe please leave a comment and star rating below! This is the best way you can help support me and my blog!
Did you know I have a YouTube channel? SUBSCRIBE to watch all of my recipe videos!
Healthy Banana Bread Muffins
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 2 or 3 medium bananas
- 3 cups blanched finely ground almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil not hot
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners and set aside.
- Use a medium sized bowl to whisk together the almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and lemon juice. Continue whisking until the wet ingrediens are very well combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and use a large spoon or spatula to stir the ingredients together. The batter will be very thick.
- Add the mashed banana to the bowl and stir again, making sure the bananas are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Divide the batter amongst the muffin cups, filling almost to the very top. Give the pan a few shakes and taps on the counter before placing on the middle rack of the oven to bake.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the muffin tops are puffed and lightly golden in color. A toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins should come out clean.
- Allow the muffins to rest for 10 minutes on the counter before gently transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- Muffins can be stored in a container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. The muffins can be frozen for up to 3 months.