These grain free crackers are crispy, full of Italian flavor, and easy to make. Low carb almond flour crackers are a simple and healthy snack! This recipe is SCD, Paleo, and Keto friendly!
Hi friends! Last month I posted an Almond Flour Crackers recipe and ever since...I've been obsessed! I'm LOVING the idea of simple grain free crackers that take literally fifteen minutes total!
So I've been playing around with flavors and I have a NEW cracker recipe to share with you! These crackers are crisp and have the subtle flavor of rosemary and thyme! Absolutely delicious!
What are in herb crackers?
These little guys are made with six pantry staples:
- almond flour
- olive oil
- sea salt
Either fresh or dried herbs can be used in this recipe (I used dried) and you can swap the olive oil for coconut oil if you prefer.
How to make homemade crackers
Begin by mixing the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls. Then pour the wet into the dry ingredients and mix until the dough forms.
Place the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll it out.
The thickness of the crackers is up to you but I do suggest trying to roll them out to the same thickness. If not you'll have some crackers that burn while others remain chewy. Also, the thinner you roll out the dough, the crispier the crackers will be, and who doesn't love a crispy cracker?!
Cut the dough into squares using a pizza cutter. Transfer the parchment paper with the dough onto a baking sheet and place in the oven.
Almond flour tends to burn quickly, so start checking on them at around the 8 minute mark. Your herb crackers are done once they turn a lovely golden brown!
Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before using your hands to gently snap the crackers apart.
What to eat with grain free crackers
These homemade crackers are wonderful on their own! They're also perfect to eat with a variety of dips, cheese, and fruit. Throw them into soups or salads for added crunchy goodness. I mean, is there a wrong way to eat crackers?! I don't think so!!
Looking for more easy snacks?
- Instant Pot Piri Piri Chicken Wings
- Baked Black Bean Tater Tots
- Almond Flour Crackers
- Broccoli Dip (Broccomole)
If you’ve made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below!
Grain Free Herb Crackers
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. In a small bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the almond flour and mix until well combined.
- Place the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll the dough to ⅛ inch thickness. Roll it thinner for even crispier cracker!
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper and use a large knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into squares, making about 30 small crackers.
- Transfer the parchment paper to a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 12 minutes on the middle rack until the crackers have turned light brown.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before using your hands to gently separate the crackers.
- Store in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.