This paleo fruit pizza is a colorful and fun dessert everyone will enjoy! A soft sugar cookie made from almond flour holds a creamy dairy free vanilla frosting and a variety of delicious fruit! This simple dessert is SCD, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
Who here likes pizza? I think most of us probably like traditional pizza, but have you ever tried a fruit pizza?
A fruit pizza is essentially a really big cookie covered in creamy frosting and decorated with all the fruit!
It's perfect for summer BBQ's, picnics, or anytime!
Does the paleo fruit pizza have to be in the shape of a circle?
Nope! One of the best things about this fruit cookie cake is just how versatile it is! Here are some ideas for you:
- Mold the dough into a rectangle and decorate with fruit to look like the American flag for the Fourth of July.
- Shape the dough into an egg shape to celebrate Easter.
- Press the dough into a triangle and decorate it to look like a tree for Christmas. You can use spinach juice to tint the frosting green!
- Form the dough into a heart shape for Valentine's Day and use strawberry, raspberry, or beet juice to turn the frosting pink.
- Mold the dough into a pumpkin shape for Halloween and top with my Pumpkin Italian Meringue Buttercream.
- Separate the dough and form them into little circles to have kids decorate their own fruit pizza.
The possibilities are endless and so fun!
How to make the giant sugar cookie
In a large bowl whisk together the almond flour and salt.
Use a separate bowl to whisk the honey, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Then pour the wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture and mix until well combined.
Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper and evenly press into a circle that's about ¼" thick.
A Life of Happenstance is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Use a fork to poke holes in the dough then place the dough into the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until it has turned a very light golden color.
Allow the crust to cool completely before spreading the frosting on top!
Dairy free vanilla frosting
This frosting uses just four simple ingredients!
- palm shortening
- vanilla extract
- coconut cream
Some of you might be wondering what coconut cream is and how to get it!
Well, if you place a can of full fat canned coconut milk to chill in the refrigerator overnight (or longer) then carefully open the can, the hardened coconut on top is the cream, which is what you'll use in this recipe.
Place all of the frosting ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix until well combined and creamy!
Spread the frosting over the cooled crust and decorate with fruit!
Here are more sweet treats you're sure to enjoy!
- Vanilla Custard Tart
- No Bake Strawberry Gelatin Pie
- Cherry and Peach Fruit Crumble
- Almond Flour Spritz Cookies
If you’ve made this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below! This is the best way you can help support me and this blog!
Did you know I have a YouTube channel? SUBSCRIBE to watch all of my recipe videos!
Paleo Fruit Pizza
Almond Flour Crust
- 1 ½ cups finely ground blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil olive oil can be used instead
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Dairy Free Vanilla Frosting
- ½ cup palm shortening
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Your choice of fruit!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond flour and salt. In a separate bowl whisk the wet ingredients until combined.
- Then pour the wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture and mix well.
- Place the dough in the center of the parchment paper and press into a circle that's about ¼" thick. Use a fork to prick holes into the dough.
- Put the baking sheet on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the crust is a light golden color. .
- Allow to cool completely before topping with the frosting.
Dairy Free Vanilla Frosting
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix all of the frosting ingredients on medium-high speed until well combined and fluffy.
Assembling the Fruit Pizza
- Spread the frosting on the cooled crust and decorate with the fruit of your choice.
- Cover the fruit pizza with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- If the dough is a little too sticky to work with, place it in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- The vanilla frosting will harden slightly while in the refrigerator. I enjoy the fruit pizza straight from the refrigerator but for a softer frosting allow the pizza to rest at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
- The post above has suggestions for different frosting options!