An easy fruit pizza is a colorful and fun dessert everyone will enjoy. A protein rich almond flour crust holds a creamy vanilla frosting and a variety of delicious fruit! This simple dessert is SCD and Paleo friendly. It's refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, and grain free.
Hi friends! Who here likes pizza?? Don't be shy, show me your hands! I think most of us like traditional pizza, but have you tried a fruit "pizza" ?
A traditional fruit pizza is made with a sugar cookie crust, a cream cheese frosting, and then topped with fruit. Sounds good, right?!
This gluten free fruit pizza has a crisp almond flour crust, a delicious dairy free frosting, and is topped with ALL the fruit!
One of the best things about this dessert is just how versatile it is! Mold the dough into a rectangle and decorate with fruit to look like the american flag for the Fourth of July, shape the dough into an egg shape to celebrate Easter, press the dough into a triangle and decorate it to look like a tree for Christmas, separate the dough and form them into little circles to have kids decorate their own fruit pizza...the possibilities are endless and SO fun!
How to make a gluten free fruit pizza crust
Begin by mixing the almond flour, honey, salt, lemon juice, and coconut oil in a large bowl until a dough forms. I find that using my hands to mix it is the easiest and most efficient way to do this!
Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper and evenly press into a circle that's ¼" thick.
A Life of Happenstance is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Use a fork to poke holes in the dough then place the dough into the freezer for 15 minutes. This will help the dough maintain it's shape while baking!
Place the dough into the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until it has turned a golden brown. Allow the crust to cool completely before spreading the frosting on top!
How to make a dairy free frosting
This frosting uses just four simple ingredients!
- shortening (either palm or vegetable shortening is fine)
- vanilla extract
- coconut cream
Some of you might be wondering what coconut cream is and how to get it! Well, if you place a can of full fat canned coconut milk to chill in the refrigerator overnight (or longer) then carefully open the can, the hardened coconut on top is the cream! That’s what you’ll use for this recipe. I get the most consistent results using the Let's Do Organic brand.
Place all of the frosting ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix until well combined and creamy! That's it! So simple, right?!
Once the crust has cooled, spread the frosting over it then decorate with your choice of fruit!
This treat is so yummy and easy to make!
Easy Fruit Pizza Tips:
- Don't skip placing the dough in the freezer! It will help the dough keep its shape while baking as well as give a crispier crust.
- Store the fruit pizza in the refrigerator.
- The frosting will harden slightly while in the refrigerator. I prefer the fruit pizza straight out of the fridge, but for a softer frosting, remove about 5 minutes prior to serving.
Here are more sweet treats you might enjoy!
If you’ve made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below!
Easy Fruit Pizza
Almond Flour Crust
- 1 ½ cups finely ground blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Dairy Free Vanilla Frosting
- ½ cup vegetable or palm shortening
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon coconut cream
- Your choice of fruit!
Almond Flour Crust
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl add all of the crust ingredients and use your hands to combine and mix together well.
- Place the dough in the center of the parchment paper. Mold and press the dough into a circle that's ¼" thick. Use a fork to prick holes into the dough. Place the baking sheet with the dough into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the baking sheet on the middle rack and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before topping with the frosting.
Dairy Free Vanilla Frosting
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream all of the frosting ingredients on medium-high speed until well combined and fluffy.
Assembling the Fruit Pizza
- Spread the frosting on the cooled crust and decorate with the fruit of your choice.
- Store the fruit pizza in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
- Feel free to use cashew cream or lemon curd instead of the vanilla frosting.
- The vanilla frosting will harden slightly while in the refrigerator. I enjoy it straight from the fridge but for a softer frosting, remove from the fridge 5 minutes before serving.