This crustless zucchini quiche incorporates dill and Gouda cheese for an easy and refreshing breakfast recipe! The dish is SCD and Keto friendly. It's also free of gluten, grains, and soy.
Zucchini season is currently in full swing and I could not be happier! This veggie is one of my favs and for good reason…it’s so versatile!
My favorite thing about this zucchini quiche recipe is its simplicity. There’s no crust to worry about, so maybe it’s more of a frittata than quiche…but we’re just gonna keep calling it a quiche!
What’s in a crustless zucchini quiche?
This easy breakfast recipe uses the following ingredients:
- fresh dill
- diced onion
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- Gouda cheese
- sea salt
The fresh dill adds an almost refreshing component to the quiche while the Gouda adds a lovely creaminess.
The dill flavor definitely comes through in this recipe, so if you’re not a fan of it, reduce the amount or swap it out for a different herb like basil!
How to make a crustless zucchini quiche
Begin by shredding the zucchini onto a thin kitchen towel or tea towel and sprinkle with sea salt (the salt will help draw the moisture out of the zucchini).
Set the zucchini aside for about 10 minutes before folding the towel up around the zucchini and squeezing as much of the water out as possible.
In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, chopped dill, diced onion, shredded romano cheese, and shredded gouda cheese. Add the zucchini to the bowl and mix well.
Pour the entire mixture into a greased pie dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
The sides of the quiche will be lightly browned and the center will be completely set!
Allow the crustless zucchini quiche to sit for about 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Try my other breakfast favorites!
If you’ve made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below!
Updated on 6/18/19 to update photos and the recipe.
Crustless Zucchini Quiche
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups shredded zucchini, about 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- ½ small spanish onion, diced
- 3 tablespoon Pecorino Romano cheese shredded
- 3 ounces Gouda cheese shredded
- coconut oil or butter for greasing pie dish
- sea salt to sprinkle on shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9.5 inch pie dish and set aside.
- Shred the zucchini onto a thin kitchen towel, sprinkle with sea salt and set aside. After 10 minutes, wrap the zucchini in the towel and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- In a large bowl beat 4 eggs. Add diced onions, Romano cheese, Gouda cheese, dill, and shredded zucchini. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pie dish and bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cover leftovers and store in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- If you are not a big fan of dill, either decrease the amount called for or use fresh basil instead!
- Each slice = 3g net carbs