This coconut peppermint fudge uses just five wholesome ingredients and tastes like a candy cane! It’s an easy dessert recipe that’s SCD and paleo friendly. It’s gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
Hi friends! We have a little tradition in our family, every year for Christmas my dad will buy us our favorite chocolates from Godiva. The coconut truffles have always been my jam, but because of my dietary restrictions, it’s been many years since I’ve had one.
This year I decided to try and recreate the yummy coconut goodness. Well, I failed! However, the silver lining of my failure is this absolutely delicious coconut peppermint fudge that tastes like an incredibly decadent candy cane!
A Life of Happenstance is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
What ingredients are in fudge?
This fudge contains just five ingredient!
- Nutiva Coconut Manna Coconut Butter
- coconut oil
- peppermint extract
- unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
The brand of coconut butter you use is very important in this recipe! Some of my lovely readers and I have tried making this recipe with different brands and unfortunately, they were not successful. Nutiva Coconut Manna is the only brand I’ve had success with (I’ve received no endorsements or incentives from Nutiva).
When making the recipe with other brands of coconut butter, the ingredients never fully combined and the honey would either sink to the bottom and/or the coconut oil would separate from the rest of the mixture. If you decide to make this fudge using a different brand, I’d love to hear if it was successful or not!
How do you make coconut peppermint fudge?
Stir the Nutiva Coconut Manna, coconut oil, honey, and peppermint extract in a double boiler over medium heat. Remove from the heat once smooth and well combined.
Mix in the shredded coconut before pouring the mixture into a parchment lined baking dish (you can also use silicone chocolate molds) and freezing.
Once the fudge has set, remove from the freezer and cut into squares.
Allow it to sit at room temp for about five minutes before digging in! I hope you enjoy!
Here are a few more easy desserts you might like!
Leave a comment and star rating below if you made this recipe!
Coconut Peppermint Fudge
- 1/2 cup nutiva coconut manna coconut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Melt the coconut butter, coconut oil, honey, and peppermint extract in a double boiler over medium heat until smooth (10 to 15 minutes), stirring well to ensure the coconut oil and honey are combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in the shredded coconut.
- Pour into a 6x9 inch dish lined with parchment paper and immediately place in freezer for 60 minutes or until hardened.
- Remove from freezer and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Pin it for later!