This cilantro lime cauliflower rice is a healthy, low carb alternative to traditional rice. It cooks in less than 10 minutes and has a light, fresh flavor. The recipe follows the specific carbohydrate diet (SCD), Paleo, low calorie, and Whole30. It's gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free, and added sugar free.
I have such a deep appreciation for cauliflower! It's such a versatile veggie and I use it in SO many different ways.
It's great as a pizza crust, it can be used to thicken soups, you can use Mashed Cauliflower as a healthier sub for mashed potatoes...I even eat it for breakfast in my No Oats Cauliflower Oatmeal recipe!
Although it can be used in very different and creative ways, sometimes you just want something simple. This cauliflower rice recipe is just that...simple.
how to turn cauliflower into rice
The only part of this recipe that MIGHT be time consuming is "ricing" the cauliflower. There are a few options when it comes to turning your cauliflower into rice.
You can take a medium head of cauliflower and grate it on a box grater to make your "rice" or put the florets in a blender and pulse until it's the size of rice. Both are easy options but like I said, a bit time consuming.
The option that I pretty much ALWAYS choose, is buying a bag of frozen cauliflower rice from the store! A little lazy? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely! Just be sure the only ingredient listed is cauliflower.
how to make cilantro lime cauliflower rice
Place the cauliflower rice into a large skillet and cook until it has softened. Then add the lime juice and cilantro to the pan. Give a few stirs and remove from the heat. That's it!
Easy, healthy, and totally delicious! Hope you enjoy!
Here are more easy sides for you to try!
- Simple Roasted Radishes
- Pineapple Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- Butternut Squash Rice
- Carrot Souffle
- Shaved Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
If you’ve made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below, it's the best way to help support me and my website!
This recipe was originally posted in April 2018 and was updated in March 2020.
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (about 1 medium head of cauliflower)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 2 small limes)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Cut the florets off of a medium head of cauliflower. Put in a blender or food processor and pulse until it resembles the size of rice. Remove any larger pieces that didn't get "riced". Alternatively, you can use prepackaged frozen cauliflower rice.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice and cook 5 to 8 minutes until just tender.
- Add the fresh lime juice, cilantro, and salt to the skillet. Stir until combined. Take a taste test and adjust flavors if needed.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
- Don't overcook the cauliflower rice or it will be too mushy.