This cauliflower rice is a healthy alternative to traditional rice. It cooks in less than 10 minutes and has a light, fresh flavor brought on by the lime and cilantro. This recipe follows the specific carbohydrate diet (SCD), Paleo, Keto and Whole 30.
Hi friends! I don’t know if I’ve ever expressed to you my appreciation for cauliflower before but I absolutely adore it! It’s such a versatile veggie and I use it in SO many different ways. It’s great as a pizza crust, it can be used to thicken soups, you can mash it to resemble mashed potatoes, I even eat it for breakfast in my No Oats Cauliflower Oatmeal recipe! Although it can be used in very different and creative ways, sometimes you just want something simple.
This cauliflower rice recipe is just that…simple.
It uses just a handful of ingredients and the end result is a flavorful combo of lime and cilantro. A great Mexican inspired dish that’s a perfect accompiniament to the protein of your choice. I like to use it as a base when I make taco bowls and it’s perfect to serve alongside my Seared Mahi-Mahi with Strawberry-Mint Salsa recipe.
The only part of this recipe that MIGHT be time consuming is “ricing” the cauliflower. There are a few options when it comes to turning your cauliflower into rice.
You can take a medium head of cauliflower and grate it on a box grater to make your “rice” or put the florets in a blender and pulse until it’s the size of rice. Both easy options but like I said, a bit time consuming.
You could also use the option that I pretty much ALWAYS choose, which is to buy yourself a bag of frozen cauliflower rice! A little lazy? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely!
I have to make almost everything I cook from scratch due to dietary restrictions, so when there’s a shortcut I can use, I take it!
The cauliflower rice goes into a large skillet and cooks until it has softened. Then the lime juice and cilantro are added to the pan. Give a few stirs and remove from the heat. That’s it!
So easy, healthy, and totally delicious! Hope you enjoy!
Here are more sides for you to try!
If you’ve made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below!
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (about 1 medium head of cauliflower)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 small limes)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Cut the florets off of a medium head of cauliflower. Put in a blender or food processor and pulse until it resembles the size of rice. Remove any larger pieces that didn't get "riced". Alternatively, you can use prepackaged frozen cauliflower rice.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice and cook 5 to 8 minutes until it has softened.
- Add the fresh lime juice, cilantro and salt. Stir until combined.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
Pin it for later!