This simple apple cinnamon smoothie recipe is a refreshing drink that’s full of fall flavor and makes for an easy breakfast or snack! The smoothie is SCD, Paleo, Whole30, gluten free, dairy free, and added sugar free.
I live in the south and although the calendar says October, the thermometer says summer…it was 92F today, in October.
This apple cinnamon smoothie gives me the FEEL of fall without having to turn on the oven and make my house hotter than it already it is!
apple cinnamon smoothie recipe ingredients
- frozen bananas
- Gala apples
- dairy free milk
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- almond butter
If you don’t have Gala apples on hand, any sweet apples (such as Fuji or Honeycrisp) will do.
Use you’re favorite dairy free milk! I’ve made the smoothie with coconut milk, almond milk, walnut milk, and cashew milk. Although I’m partial to coconut milk, they’re all delicious in the smoothie!
Cashew butter can be substituted for almond butter if you prefer.
How to make an apple cinnamon smoothie
Place all the ingredients in a high speed smoothie and blend until smooth and creamy!
Pour into glasses and if feeling fancy, garnish with caramel sauce and sliced apples!
- If you prefer a thicker smoothie consistency, reduce the amount of dairy free milk.
- For a sweeter smoothie, add a little honey or if following Whole30, a few softened Medjool dates.
Love apples? Try these recipes!
you’ve made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below!
Apple Cinnamon Smoothie Recipe
- 2 medium frozen bananas
- 2 medium Gala apples, cored and chopped
- 2 cups dairy free milk
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 cups ice
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- If the smoothie isn’t sweet enough for you, add a couple tablespoons of honey or if following Whole30, 4 softened dates.
- For a thicker drink, reduce the dairy free milk until your desired consistency has been reached.
- Use your favorite dairy free milk for this recipe.
- Calories for this recipe will change depending on the type of nut milk used. The calories listed above was calculated with almond milk.