This healthy almond flour pumpkin bread recipe is easy to make and is filled with all the traditional Fall flavors! It's a staple during the holiday season and is SCD, paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
This pumpkin bread is so good! It's dense yet moist. Sweet but not too sweet. This tasty treat is always a hit, especially when served with my Apple Butter recipe!
Almond Flour - Blanched finely ground almond flour works best.
Honey - A sweeter, lighter colored honey will result in a sweeter bread.
Pumpkin Puree - Fresh or canned pumpkin can be used. If using canned, be sure the only ingredient is pumpkin.
Coconut Oil - Olive oil can be used instead.
Almond Milk - I used unsweetened almond milk, but any unsweetened nut milk, such as cashew or walnut milk can be used. (I forgot to include the milk in the photo above but it is part of the recipe.)
Pecans - I used the pecans to top my bread, but they are completely optional.
Begin by whisking the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls, then pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients (photos 1, 2, and 3).
This batter will be thick, so use a spatula to stir the mixture until well combined.
Use the spatula to spread the batter into a 10 inch greased and lined loaf pan. Smooth the top and give the pan a few taps on the kitchen counter to release any air (photo 4).
If you've decided to use the chopped pecans, sprinkle them on top, then place the loaf pan on the center rack of your preheated oven and bake for 55 to 65 minutes. The bread is done when the top is firm and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Cool on the counter for 10 minutes before turning the bread out of the pan and allowing to cool completely on a baking rack.
We like this bread as is, but you can certainly try some of these tasty additions!
- chocolate chips (do not use if following SCD)
- chopped pecans throughout the batter
Try these other pumpkin recipes!
If you’ve made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below! This is the best way you can help support me and my blog!
Did you know I have a YouTube channel! SUBSCRIBE to watch all of my recipe videos!
Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 3 cups blanched finely ground almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoons nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil, not hot
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped optional
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 10 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt, baking soda, and cloves.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, honey, almond milk, pumpkin, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Pour into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to mix until well combined. The batter will be thick.
- Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan and give the pan a few taps on the counter. If desired, sprinkle the top with chopped pecans.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 55 to 65 minutes until the top is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before turning the bread out of the pan and allowing to cool completely on a baking rack.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for 24 hours or in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. The bread can also be frozen for up to 6 months.
- Almond flour burns quickly, if you notice the edges becoming too dark, lightly tent the pan with aluminum foil.
- To prevent to bread from falling apart, allow to cool completely before slicing.
- The bread can be tightly wrapped with freezer paper and placed in an airtight container or plastic bag and stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.