These 4 ingredient banana pancakes are a simple and easy snack or addition to your breakfast. They don’t use any flour and are perfect for using up any overripe bananas. This pancake recipe is SCD, Paleo, vegetarian, and can easily be made Whole30.
This is a fast, easy recipe that’s great for a little snack, dessert, or to add to your weekend brunch menu.
These little flourless banana pancakes don’t have the fluff or rise of traditional pancakes, they’re almost like a crepe consistency.
But thicker. But not as thick as a traditional pancake. Thinner. Got it? Ok, good!
I like to use this recipe when I have overripe bananas hanging around the house, and I actually used this recipe to introduce eggs to my little boy.
how to make 4 ingredient banana pancakes
Chose a banana that is overly ripe, you know, the ones that have lots and lots of brown spots (ideally you’ll want to choose a banana that’s riper than the one pictured below). This will make the banana easier to mash and give the pancakes some sweetness.
Speaking of mashing, use the back of a fork to mash the banana really well. Stir in a beaten egg, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Alternatively you can place the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Grease a heated skillet or griddle and ladle on only a dollar size amount of batter. making the pancakes any larger will result in a VERY difficult time flipping them.
Allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side before removing from the heat, they’ll be a lovely golden brown color.
Enjoy with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup (if not following the SCD diet)!
here are some more great breakfast recipes!
If you’ve made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below!
4 Ingredient Banana Pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- coconut oil for grease pan or griddle
- Over medium heat, melt the coconut oil in a skillet or griddle.
- Mash banana really well. Stir in egg, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Ladle batter onto griddle, ensuring the pancakes are no bigger than the size of a silver dollar.
- After 2 to 3 minutes carefully flip over the pancakes and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. They should be lightly browned on both sides.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with your choice of honey, syrup, jam etc.
- These can be very fragile, take care when flipping.
- Aim to make these the size of a silver dollar. Any bigger and they will be difficult to flip.
- Omit the vanilla extract to make them compliant for Whole30.